Each client receiving care from Tender Care, Inc. shall have the following rights:
- To be fully informed, at the time of admission, of services available from Tender Care and any charges for the services.
- Notify Tender Care, Inc. of any changes in their situation that will affect the agreed-upon services you receive.
- To be fully informed, in advance, of any changes in services to be provided by Tender Care, Inc.
- To voice grievances about his/her care and not be subject to discrimination or reprisal for doing so.
- To accept or refuse treatment to the extent permitted by law and be informed of the consequences of such refusal.
- To be assured confidential treatment of personal and service records and to approve or refuse their release to any individual outside the agency.
- To be treated with respect, consideration and full recognition of dignity and individuality, including privacy in treatment and in care for personal needs.
- To be assured that the personnel who provide care are qualified through education and experience to carry out the services for which they are responsible.
- To be notified of the services to be provided and the schedule of services.
- To formulate advance directives that describes the client’s desires relating to his/her medical care.
- To be fully informed about any charges for services to be provided and about expected payments from other sources.
As a client of Tender Care Inc., you have a responsibility to:
- Provide accurate and complete information about your condition and needs as well as an accurate financial history regarding your ability to pay for our services.
- Notify Tender Care, Inc. of any change in situation that will affect the agreed-upon services you receive.
- Direct complaints or questions first to Tender Care, Inc. at (336) 765-2273. The telephone number of Careline, 1-800-624-3004, is a secondary resource for questions or complaints.
- Comply with the care plan that was jointly developed.
- Notify Tender Care, Inc. of any advance directives or changes in these documents.
- Request information and ask questions.
- Provide and maintain a safe environment for the staff of Tender Care, Inc.